16 Flares 16 Flares ×
A pork casserole recipe which is easy to make. It uses a lot of different spices and the flavor combination is wonderful. It can safely be freezed for up to a month and tastes great when reheated.
Pork Casserole Recipe
- 1 1/2-1 3/4 lbs of boneless pork chops
- 1 tbsp of oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 -2 tsp of paprika
- 1/4 tsp of thyme
- salt & pepper
- 1 green pepper, cut in strips
- 1 can of tomatoes (14 oz), cut up
- 1/4 lb of mushroom, quartered
- 2 tsp of cornstarch
- In a large skillet, heat oil and cook the pork over medium high heat until it is done, about 5 minutes. Stir constantly. Lower the heat, add chopped onion and garlic, cook until the onion becomes tender. Add the paprika and the rest of the ingredients, excluding cornstarch. Bring to a boil, lower the heat and cover the skilled, letting it simmer. Stir occasionally until the pork is tender, about 1 hour.
- Mix the cornstarch with water forming a paste. Add 1 tablespoon of broth to cornstarch, then add to skillet, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat; simmer until thick, about 2 minutes. Serve with some rice.